I absolutely love coffee! I’m on and off it constantly. When I’m ON I have one a day. I especially like it on holiday.
If you are not sensitive to caffeine and have a healthy life-style, a small cup of coffee a day it’s not going to pose a health risk to you.
But knowing what could be problematic with drinking coffee empowers us to make good decisions for our health in the long run.
Here are a few reasons why you drink maximum 1 cup a day:
– Coffee makes us loose important minerals that we are likely to be deficient in anyway. To metabolize coffee the body needs minerals. On top of that coffee is a diuretic so more minerals are lost, which can further contribute to nutritional deficiencies.
– Caffeine is a natural insecticide to protect the plant against bugs. Some people are sensitive, and no wonder.
– Coffee is one of the most chemically sprayed crops in the world! (Always buy organic coffee if you can!)
– Coffee stresses the adrenals. When you drink a cup neurons send messages to the pituitary gland which makes the adrenal send out adrenaline and cortisol. Basically your latte send you straight into fight or flight mood. Boom!If you drink several cups a day your nervous system will take a beating.
– Unfortunately de-caffinated coffee is not a solution as it’s not guaranteed to be a 100% caffeine free and nasty chemicals can be used to remove the
– The roasting process creates acrylamide, the chemical which is formed when starchy foods are roasted, grilled or fried. This chemical can case cancer .
Great Coffee alternatives here: