This is what we have for supper a lot at the moment, It’s beyond quick to prepare and you have your protein and vegetables in one go.
The chicken get’s really crispy (the way my kids love it) and the vegetables soft and delish! The recipe originates from a swedish cookbook UnderValnotstradet I have changed it a bit though. Zuccini is the 10th most popular vegetable in the UK, it’s low in calories contains Folate, Potassium and vitamin A.
This is what you need:
1 pack of Chicken thighs, 2-3 Zuccini, 2 small or one big Leek, 1 Lemon, Garlic, Stock, Thyme or Rosemary, Olive oil, salt & pepper
* Pre heat the oven 220°
* Wash and cut up the zucchini,leeks and 1/4 lemon, place in an oven dish
* Make stock with 1 & 1/2 cups of water, marigolds bouillon works best, Pour over the vegetables
* Fry the chicken pieces in some olive oil for about 5 min on both sides season with salt and pepper (for colour and crispness)
* Place the chicken on top of the vegetables, to keep them crispy, add the juices from the frying if you want
* Add the herbs, garlic and maybe some extra olive oil
* Put in the oven until ready about 40 minutes.
I serve with Quinoa.