If you are a regular here you will probably have noticed I eat a lot of beetroot.
I adore the sweet taste and colour and they are so full of health promoting goodness that I recommend you regularly add them to your diet.
They are a really good source of Iron so if you are not big on meat beets could be a fabulous contributor for your iron intake.
Young athletes might need a bit extra iron and so does teenage girls due to rapid growth and because of menstruation.
This gorgeous tasting beetroot dish contains very few ingredients and demands very little effort!
My type of cooking!
I was served a variation of this dish in Sweden and l changed the recipe to make it a bit healthier and to suit a vegan diet.
Oven Roasted Beetroot with Clementines and Spinach
– 500g-600g Beetroot
– 1/4 cup Clementine juice
– 100g spinach
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– black pepper to taste
– flax seeds for decoration
1. Pre-heat the oven to 225 C
2. Peal and cut up the beets and place in an oven dish with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
3. Whisk together the clementine juice, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper and pour over the beets.
4. Roast until tender for about 40 min.
5. Just before serving place 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan add the spinach and a pinch of salt, turn it over and immediately place on a plate/tray.
6. Arrange the beets on top of the spinach a sprinkle flax seeds on top.