My favorite grain is defiantly quinoa. I love the nutty taste and it’s also so good for us as it contains all 9 essential amino acids, loads of fibre and it’s gluten free.
Even though I quite like plain quinoa, sometimes the occasion calls for a jazzed up version.
This elevated quinoa recipe get’s the thumbs up from kids and adults alike.
Quinoa with Pomegranate, Cucumber and Parsley
– 1 cup dry quinoa
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 150g cucumber, diced
– 80gram pomegranate seeds
– 2 tablespoons roasted/sun dried tomatoes. diced
– A handful of fresh flat parsley, chopped
– A handful of chopped fresh mint, chopped
– a lemon cut into wedges
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of vinegar
– 1 tablespoon tamari
– black pepper to taste
1. Rinse and cook the quinoa.
2. De-frost the peas.
3. Mix all the ingredients except the pomegranate and the lemon straight in the pan where you cooked your quinoa.
4. Place on a plate, sprinkle over the pomegranate and add the lemon wedges on the side.
5. Serve ( you can also put it in the fridge and take it to work the following day)