There was a big cauliflower head in the veg box this week and even though the kids enjoy plain steamed or boiled cauliflower I decided to do something different.
I found this recipe HERE.
It came with glowing reviews and it was really nice even though it looked a bit bland.
I would probably not make it as watery as in the recipe.
But what I really liked was that it doesn’t contain any stock or milk. (can’t stand soups with milk!)
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and is full of goodness like Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Folate.
Here’s the recipe:
3 tablespoons of raw coconut oil
Salt & pepper
* Heat the coconut oil in a pan, sweat the onions for 15min on a low temperature (they should not go brown)
* Break cauliflower into florets and add to pan with 1/2 cup of water. Put a lid on and stew for 15 min until tender.
* Than add another 3 1/2 cup of water (the recipe says 4 1/2 cup but I think it’s to much).
* Pure the soup, I used a hand blender. Let it stand for 20 min this will make it thicker.
* You can now thin the soup with 1/2 cup of water if you need to. Reheat. Serve with a drizzle of virgin oil and pepper.